Another year, another book challenge.

Well, I read 14 books in 2014. I was aiming for 15. So, I'm sticking with the 15 number for this year -- and I thought I'd share 15 books on my to-read list in honor of the lucky number 15.


Still Life with Breadcrumbs - Anna Quindlen: Published last year, I saw this book on many "must-read" lists. Since it was readily available at the library - it is going to be my first book of 2015! 

Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn: I know this has been on everyone lists for years now - and its a movie now too - but I've been having babies the last few years so I'm a little behind. My mom got this book for Christmas so I'll be borrowing it from her and reading it soon. Better than waiting behind the 200+ people that have reserved it at the library.

Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte: It's a classic that I haven't read and I've decided this is the year. We'll see if I get to it. It's free on kindle so that's a bonus.

#GIRLBOSS - Sophia Amoruso: I've heard good and bad things about this book. But she's a Nor-Cal girl - and successful and interesting - so I'll give it a try. Since I'm start on my own and I know the road can be a little bumpy, I figure need a little inspiration and a little motivation.

Insurgent - Veronica Roth: I read the first book in this series and loved it. I rented this from the library and had to return it before I could get to it. I need to give it another try.

The Selected Work of T.S. Spivet - Reif Larsen: This has been on my to-read list for a while - and it is sitting on my shelf, borrowed from my dad. My goal is to read and return this book this year.

We Tell Ourselves Stories in Order to Live: Collected Nonfiction - Joan Didion: She's a Sacramento native and an inspiration. Her writing is amazing and I've always wanted to read this collection. 

A Room of One's Own - Virginia Woolf: This book is 112 pages. I should be able to accomplish reading it. I've heard wonderful reviews on this and I am interested in getting a little Virginia Woolf inspiration this year.

Bossypants - Tina Fey: Because I can't believe I still haven't read this book. 

Rules of Civility - Amor Towles: A best selling book set in the 1930's with rave reviews. Another one that has been on my "to-read" list FAR too long.

The Mysterious Benedict Society - Trenton Lee Stewart: This series is said to be one that sucks you in - and I love series books like that. I'm looking forward to giving this one a try.

The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt: Pulitzer Prize winner for fiction... another LONG waiting list at the library so if I want to read it this year, I should probably buy it. Oh, and it is 775 pages - so if I start now I might finish by the end of the year. OMG. But I've heard such great things.

Under the Wide and Starry Sky - Nancy Horan: I love historical fiction and really like Robert Louis Stevenson. He has such a unique story and was such an amazing storyteller. This sounds great.

Carsick: John Waters hitchhikes across America - John Waters: Imagine picking up John Waters on the highway holding a sign that says "I'm not psycho." That's what he did to tell these stories - and I really can't wait to read them. He is such a interesting guy.

Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy: Four Women Undercover in the Civil War - Karen Abbott: I like history - but I'm not a Civil War fan normally. But, if any story might get me interested it would be one about women spies. I'll give it a go.

Well there is my list of 15 books! Not sure these will be the EXACT 15 I end up reading... but at least now I have a list to go to if nothing else jumps out at me.

Any books you're hoping to read in 2015?

P.S. You can follow my reading trail more closely on Goodreads! Look me up, and be my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment