Summer Reading List

I'm going to have no time to read in a few weeks - but for those of you who might still find time for reading I put together a summer reading list. Since 2014 is the year of the woman author - they are all female authors listed here. Some are newer books and some older... some I have read and some I haven't. It's just a list to spark some ideas if you've hit a "what do I read now?" road block.


1.) The Divergent series. I've read the first of these books and would really like to read the rest. P.S. It's a movie so read the book first.

2.) Valley of the Dolls is one of my favorite summer reads. I have found memories of reading this book on beaches in both Southern California and Florida. I also know I loved it. It's an oldie but goodie.

3.) The Archived just sounds good to me. I haven't read it - or anything else by the author - but if it's good there is a second in the series ready for me to read too.

4.) The Mortal Instruments series. I've read the first 3 and would love to finish the series.

5.) The Fever isn't even released as I write this - but it sounds interesting. If you are a Goodreads user - they are doing a giveaway too (thru June 26.)

6.) Anything by Philippa Gregory. I am a historical fiction fan. Especially when the subject is English royalty. All the books I have read by Philippa Gregory have been good and easy to read.

7.) The Goldfinch has been on my Goodreads list since it came out. I'd really like to get to it this summer. It's a bit on the long side though, so I'm not sure its a good library rental. I might have to purchase this one.

8.) Eleanor & Park - a book about star-crossed 16 year-olds sounds like a perfect summer read to me.

9.) The Patron Saint of Ugly has been compared to writings by Daniel Wallace - an absolute favorite of mine. That makes it worth adding to this list for me!

10.) The Bees is said to be The Handmaid's Tale meets The Hunger Games which are two great books - both of which I finished in 24 hours.

Ok, there's my list. What's on your summer reading list? Any reviews of the ones I've listed above?

No comments:

Post a Comment