Recipe: Balsamic Chicken Salad

In my menu plan last week - I planned for a chicken salad Tuesday night and linked to a skinnytaste.com recipe that looked pretty good. I changed up the recipe a bit -- and cutting the time of cooking the chicken and making my own dressing - its a quick 10-minute dinner that my husband and I both loved. Lucille hasn't gotten the hang of salad yet so she just had beets, fruit, cheese and bread (her normal dinner.)

Here is the recipe.

Balsamic Chicken Salad

1 cup shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken of course - but you could make your own in the crock pot)
9 oz bag of salad (spinach or romaine)
1/2 red pepper diced
4 oz. feta cheese crumbled
1/3 cup walnuts
1/3 cup creamy balsamic dressing (I used the Kraft creamy balsamic dressing)

Add the salad to a large bowl. Add the chicken, red pepper, feta cheese and walnuts. Top with the dressing and toss to coat.

I put the dressing out on the table so that if we wanted more we could add it - but the 1/3 cup was perfect in getting the toppings to stick but not being soggy.

Ok, easy peasy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment