Hello 2014.

2013 was a great year. We expanded our household by one - and got to spend a lot of time with family and friends. I'm really looking forward to 2014. Watching Lucille grow up makes everyday exciting and I know good things are coming.

I'm not a resolution person, but I like to check in with my goals at the beginning of the year. I've been concentrating recently on finding things that add stress to my life and weeding them out or finding solutions to the problem and I look forward to continuing that effort in 2014. If you want a cute list of some smart resolutions - check out the Glitter Girl's 2014 resolutions.

A group of bloggers have posed some questions to help make 2014 count which I am going to answer as well.

1. What is something you want to change, or a goal you want to set for the New Year & what is your plan for making it happen?
As I said, I am concentrating this year on getting rid of things that add stress to my life. Basically, when I'm starting to feel stressed out, I stop and ask myself, "What is causing this?" Then I write it down and make a list of ways I can eliminate that problem. If the same thing keeps popping up as a stress causer, I know I need to find a more permanent solution. Example: I kept stressing out about clutter on the living room floor. So now I just built into my morning routine that the first thing I do after my shower in the morning is clear that clutter. I know when I am going to do it so it doesn't bother me when I get home from work. (And Lucy and I can start making it messy again....)
2. Many people chose a word to reflect on, live by or aspire to for the New Year. Let us know your word, how you decided upon it & how you plan to incorporate it into 2014.

I've thought long and hard about this. There have been some great themes for the year on some of my favorite blogs. Tegan at Twelve13 is going with "Live Simply" as her 2014 mantra and Diana at exPress-o is challenging herself to let go and get back to basics. Both of these apply to me this year too.
But the words I am going to live by for 2014?  You can do anything, but not everything.
3. I will make 2014 count by...

...doing things I love. Appreciating all the great people in my life. Taking time to enjoy my family and our home.

Ok - so there is my 2014. Anyone else have a word or phrase for the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment