A One Month Review

Our baby girl is a month old today! So in honor of that I thought I'd do a post on a few of the things that have been worth it or wasteful this past month from mommy's perspective.

The first thing that I have loved since day 1 - is the Basics by Bravado line of nursing bras and tanks I got from Target. They are the only comfortable nursing wear that I have found. The Gilligan & O'Malley (from Target) are o.k. - but not as comfortable as the Basics. Everything else I've tried is awful.

Of course I got a nursing pillow - and I went with the My Brest Friend. I've really liked it. I love the pocket and it fit really well. At first. The last week or so I've kind of decided to use it less for a few reasons. Its kind of like a crutch. I mean, I fed the baby in the hospital with out a nursing pillow -- but after a few weeks at home and using the pillow all the time - I felt like I forgot how! The other thing is that it isn't really tight around me anymore (and the velcro doesn't adjust much farther) so I find my self having to put another pillow under it to keep it at the right hight. Kind of annoying.

I also want to rant a little bit about newborn clothes. Baby L was 6 lbs. 10 oz. when she was born and dropped to about 6 lbs even when we left the hospital. NOTHING fit her. We had some tiny gerber snap tees that fit and a pair of pants that were suppose to be capri pants that fit her like regular pants with a REALLY big waist. All her newborn stuff is really just fitting her now - a month later when she is over 8 lbs.

We did have some garage sale newborn size finds that fit her pretty quick - probably because they had been washed a ton already. Anyways, everyone kept saying "Don't buy too much newborn - they grow out of it quickly." Wasn't quite true in our case.

Another item I love - is the Earth Mama Angel Baby Nipple Butter. It's not at all sticky - and it smells like chocolate. Its totally safe for mama and baby - and works great.

O.K. - there is my shares for month one. I'll try and do this every month. Any other mamas out there remember things that they couldn't live without the first month? Or things that were totally useless?

No comments:

Post a Comment