Christmas Movie time!



I love watching Christmas movies building up to the big day. I own my two favorite, Elf and Love Actually. I wanted to see what other Christmas movies I could watch via the Roku for free. We have an Amazon Prime membership and here are some holiday movies I've found for free on Amazon Prime. I can only vouch for the first three - the rest I've never seen. But hey, they are free to watch so I don't have to feel bad if I turn the T.V. off 10 minutes into it.


Here is the list:

1.) The Shop Around the Corner - I love this movie too. If it wasn't available for free I would probably buy it. If you haven't seen it - its worth watching.

2.) Meet Me in St. Louis -  Another favorite and another one I would purchase if it wasn't free. Its has a Christmas song in it - so I think that qualifies it as a "Christmas" movie. (See video at top..)

3.) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - A classic that I'm sure everyone has seen...

4.)  A Christmas Tale - Its french, so who knows what it'll be like. I can't vouch for this movie -  but its got Catherine Deneuve in it who I love.

5.) Santa Claus Conquers the Martians - A movie about Christmas and Martians made in the 1960's? Even if its awful, its bound to be entertaining.

6.) Babes in Toyland - I know I like the old original of this movie ... but this is the free 1980's version with Drew Barrymore and Keanu Reeves. Hum...

7.) Christmas in Connecticut - This is an oldie I've never seen. I like Barbara Stanwyck though - so its got promise.

8.) The Christmas Wife - Ok. Honestly? This is one that I'm already worried I won't get passed the first 10 minutes of.

9.) Jack Frost - According to the reviews this animation is done by Rankin/Bass the pair that are pushed out the more well known classics - "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" and "Frosty the Snowman." I've never heard of this one though.

10.) A Christmas Carol - This is the 1938 version. I'm not sure if I've seen it before - but its suppose to be one of the better versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment