Update on my "Pledge to Read the Printed Word"

I thought I could give you all an update on how my pledge to read the printed word is going. So far this year I have read 9 books! Now since my original goal was 12 - I think I am going to amend it to be 24. I don't want to get lackadaisical about reaching my goal and I am on a path where I think 24 is reachable - but still a challenge.

Here is my list so far:

Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1) (Hardcover)
The Girl Who Stopped Swimming
The Last Battle (The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 7)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Book 2)
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Book 3)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5)

You can keep up with what I am reading if you friend me over at Goodreads! Right now I am starting the next Harry Potter Book - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Book 6).

Anyone else having a good year for reading?

4 comments:

  1. I'm having a terrible reading year!! The only book I've read so far is To Kill A Mockingbird. I started a book called Snow but just can't get into it. I think I'll switch to The Grapes of Wrath so I can cross it, too, off my apparently long list of classics I've never read. And to think -- I was an English major!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bring a few books for you that just might pull you in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many books have you read this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was 9 at the time of the post but I've read 10 now -- just finished Harry Potter and the Half Blooded Prince. How many have you read, Meghan?

    ReplyDelete