Friday Fixation: Family Trees

So I am obessed with ancestry.com. I mean, I pay the $19.95 per month so that I can browse through all the records on the site. And I think it's worth it. Entertaining and rewarding to find out as much as you can about the people that made you "you". Nevermind the fact that they have a feature where you can find out who is related to you that is famous. I mean, Lousisa May Alcott and I are 7th cousins 4 times removed!

Recently I noticed that they have various high school year books scanned now as well, as part of their image library - which provides a little more then just dates and places to your family tree. If you look through a high school year book - you can find out nicknames, sports, clubs and other pasttimes that might add a little personality to the names.

The girl in this picture is my grandmother. And I found it on ancestry.com!

So I've gotten pretty good at finding relatives and information on them. If you decide you want to try it and need some tips - let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Ancestry.com is amazing! My favorite part is looking at all the census they have posted, I think it's awesome to be able to see what my great-great grandpa did for a living. The feature that tells you who your famous relatives are (lucille ball! :-)) is pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading the census information too! It made me excited to fill out mine this year. :)

    ReplyDelete